Hi
Could anyone give me an explanation for this line from https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:junction=roundabout

"Each road has to be connected with the roundabout in a separate node—that is, between these nodes a segment of the roundabout is required."

I see no requirement for a separate segment:

 * When a entering road shares a node with a roundabout then the router
   knows it's entered that roundabout by reading the tags on the
   circular way.
 * Whilst on that node, the router checks to see if there are any
   suitable exits. If there are, then it leaves the roundabout.
 * If not, it continues going around until it finds an appropriate exit.

Also, I'm more than a little annoyed at the inference it fails geometrically "because you did not trace the roundabout within its most external lane".

Cheers
DaveF