sri, 25. tra 2018. u 08:51 Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski <m...@komzpa.net>
napisao je:

> Hi,
>
> maps.me took approach similar to Nominatim's: each map region has
> "default language" in metadata, and in case the
> name:<default_language_here> is needed but is missing, just name tag is
> taken.

I think this is the best solution with the least amount of work for
mappers. But we put default languages in regions instead of an external
database, as someone before me already mentioned.

Tag the default language on the whole country (official_language=hr). If a
region of a country has two official languages and the labels are, for
example, Rovinj/Rovigno, then put a official_language=hr/it. And on the
safe side, tag all the other subregions with official_language=hr, if the
data renderer chooses to download only one region.

After that, no other changes are needed.

Janko Mihelić