Low quality building mapping is pretty general in Africa, I mentioned
Malawi still has some 4,805 duplicate buildings in the HOT mailing list
very recently which as a percentage of the buildings mapped is probably
fairly low but is still a concern.  The problem is one of data quality, is
OSM reliable?  and if I want to promote a commercial alternative the data
quality of buildings in Africa is a weak point of OSM.  Can you trust the
buildings mapped in OSM?

The mappers seem to be mappers for a day or possibly three and having
spoken to one or two training is seen as a waste of time they just want to
map.  I get the impression that mapping buildings is seen as a way of
engaging people and bringing something to their attention as much as
mapping accurate buildings.

Perhaps a better way would be to map the village outline and tag them with
the number of buildings on a date?

Cheerio John