Daniel,

On 18.07.2018 14:18, Daniel Koć wrote:
> Thanks for the message! However given how big this change is and that it
> directly affects comfort of using OSM services, I would be glad to hear
> much more details what are the plans and why there?

The server move is currently eating up all the extra resources that OWG
have (and more). We'll certainly be able to document it after the fact,
but there is no free time available to provide any running commentary
for the public while the move is being planned and executed.

The decision for Amsterdam was made after carefully reviewing the
bids/offers that were received in response to the request for proposals
put out in February this year. The request also explained why the move
was necessary.

> As I understand, OSMF technical department (I mean Operations Working
> Group and Engineering Working Group) wants to engage more people
> (https://blog.openstreetmap.org/category/organisation/osmf-working-groups/)
> and giving some general informations in public is a basic tool to
> encourage them.

Yes, the situation would be more relaxed if work were distributed on
more shoulders but at this precise point in time I'd like our operations
group to focus on getting the move done with minimum fuss, and not on
recruiting new people!

Bye
Frederik