Do you know whether the latitude and longitude on the plaque are in the WGS84
that we use?
________________________________
From: Andrew Errington <erringt...@gmail.com>
Sent: 11 August 2018 10:56
To: mmd
Cc: Talk Openstreetmap
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Is it technically and legally possible to add the Open
Location Code to the OSM search?

I tag survey points with latitude and longitude (taken from the plaque on the
survey marker). Then it is possible to see if they have been moved
accidentally, and for users to check that they are actually in the surveyed
location.

Andrew

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018, 21:24 mmd <mmd....@gmail.com<mailto:mmd....@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Am 10.08.2018 um 19:46 schrieb Christoph Hormann:
> The idea of tagging encoded coordinates is so ridiculous to anyone with
> a bit of understanding of computer programming, data processing and
> data maintainance that even after ignoring all the arguments in
> substance that have been voiced this should be universally rejected if
> for no other reason then because it would make OSM the laughing stock
> of the whole geodata world.

With all due respect, I think we've long crossed that point:

https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/KSJ2%3Alat
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/ngbe%3Alat_ed50
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/gns%3ALAT
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/latitude