On 11/12/2018 11:37 AM, Tom Hughes wrote:
On 12/11/2018 10:26, Oleksiy Muzalyev wrote:

To be visible on the OSM map "Public GPS Traces" layer, the GPX should be published as "Public". This layer is useful for people, who, for instance, do hiking in wilderness. Because sometimes a path is not mapped yet, but a GPX trace shows that someone could actually walk there. And if there are several traces, it means that there is probably a path.

It would be a good idea if these public GPX traces were shown also as a line in JOSM.

If you read the description you will see "public" just means the
points are public but the ordering it not.

The "trackable" level extends that to include ordering.

Tom

I got it now. I understood from this page: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Visibility_of_GPS_traces

that if I want a GPX trace to be displayed both on the the OSM map "Public GPS Traces" layer and in the JOSM as a meaningful line, I should publish it with "Identifiable" option.

A GPX trace which was uploaded with "Public" option could be displayed correctly only as dots in the JOSM and other editors from now on.

"Trackable" GPX file will not be visible on the the OSM map "Public GPS Traces" layer.

I assume (in future) the JOSM editor shall not be attempting to display "public" GPXs as a confusing meaningless lines, but only as dots. And display as lines the "Identifiable" and "trackable" traces.

Best regards,

Oleksiy