On 17/12/2018 09:41, Colin Smale wrote:
One other thing: in the UK the boundaries of the area and the local authority running that area are two different things. A local authority can run a combination of adjacent admin areas; some admin areas are defined in law without there being a local authority; and some admin areas are legally shared between councils. What we have in the official sources (e.g. OS Boundary-Line) shows the geometry of the areas, but it tells you nothing about the authority/ies "running" that area.

Hi, Colin. I'm British and I have no idea what you're talking about here. Could you quote some examples that I could relate to?

--

Steve

---