Hi Martijn,

Gladly. I seem to recall that this is also one of the points that you asked
questions about during the board meeting.

What we mean is that we’ll intervene for edits the community has issues with,
and that we will not intervene for merely not following the guidelines. Maybe a
few examples will help.

If you organise a mapping activity and miss a topic when adapting one of the
wiki template, and the local community has no issue with anything, no one is in
trouble.

If you use a special source you can’t share, and the local community
understands and is cool with it, no one is in trouble.

If you ignore a part of the guidelines and the community complains about that
but agrees that the actual edits are excellent, we’ll kindly ask you to try to
follow that part, but that’s probably it. For example, if you’re responding to
a humanitarian emergency and don’t wait for 14 days.

If there’s no wiki entry at all for an activity and the community complains
about the edits, DWG would look into it.

If the community is unhappy with some of the information it has received, and
objects to the edits being made, and you ignore the objections, and the
community complains, DWG would look into it.

If you do everything by the book, but the local community is unhappy about the
edits themselves and complains about it, DWG would look into it. But that’s
very unlikely if you really did follow the guidelines.

So the community truly has an effect on what DWG looks at. The guidelines are
the best way we know to have a constructive relationship with the community,
and a rich discussion is the most important part of it.

Of course, following the guidelines also demonstrates good faith if the DWG
needs to look into the edits.

I hope this clarifies the intentions.

Happy mapping

Guillaume