Hi,

In my research of API 0.6 (which turned ten years old yesterday) I've stumbled on this page:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6/Crowd_sourced_Testing

It was deleted 7 years ago. And this is a disaster. The page was an important milestone in our history: authors, dates, items on it could bring some more information on how our current API was rolled out. Nothing is left.

Please, could we have a deletion policy in our wiki that clearly states "No obsolete pages here", forbidding deletion of anything except spam or otherwise harmful pages? Deleting our history is plain vandalism, no better than physically destroying pieces of human history displayed in museums.

It's not like we're pressed for disk space there.

Thank internet gods for the Internet Archive,
Ilya