Sounds logical given the new tagging. I find no faults with the office=diplomatic page, kudos to Lyx for putting it together, very thorough. Embassies are (or should be) a 100% subset of office=diplomatic. I think you are wise in not suggesting mass addition of  diplomatic=embassy, I also have come across instances in the past where they are actually consulates. The only thing I can think of is whether there are still any cases where the location is actually an ambassadorial residence, (I am uncomfortable with having them there, my wife is an ambassador) ... but I think the most sensible thing is to deal with them on a case-by-case after putting in place this more rigourous tagging schema.

Mike

On 2019-06-18 03:21, Warin wrote:
Following the successful proposal of introducing office=diplomatic to eventually replace the amenity=embassy (which is used to not only tag embassies but other diplomatic service) I am proposing to add the approved tag office=diplomatic to all instances that have both the tag amenity=embassy with the tag country=*.

By only targeting features with both tag i hope to avoid those things that have been incorrectly tagged amenity=embassy (I found 2 that look to be brothels!).

Any thoughts?