This "self appointed police of OSM" will probably question

- how did those companies receive the data, under which copyright?
- how did they geocode the POIs, using Google's geocoder ? (a big no-no)
- how up-to-date is this data ? Will you reimport POIs that have been
rightfully removed in OSM ?
- how will you avoid duplicates ?

all legitimate question imho.

p.s. people that keep blaming the mailing lists for bad behaviour,
really make me wonder why I keep contributing to OSM (mailing list).
Did you ever wonder that this type of constant nagging might turn off
well-meaning people as much as the people you point at turn off you?