Rather than do a planet wide dump I would encourage you to do a smaller area
dump so you get a smaller sample to test first?

On 14/08/19 07:41, Léo El Amri via talk wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to fetch countries, their borders, and their capitals through
Overpass API, but the server never replies to me (With a timeout:3600
setting, the server reply with a 502 error after a while).
I'm only a beginner with this API, so maybe my request is not efficient:

(
   node[place=city];
   node[place=town];
)->.a;
rel[boundary=administrative][admin_level=2]->.b;
(
   node[place=country];
   node.a[capital=yes];
   way[boundary=administrative][admin_level=2];
   .b;
   .b >;
)->.o;
.o out body;

What am I doing wrong ? (Should I use another tool for this purpose ?)

Cordially,
Léo