On 2019-09-12 06:30, Mark Wagner wrote:
On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 20:54:17 +0200
Vladimir Vyskocil <vladimir.vysko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 Sep 2019, at 20:20, Mark Wagner <mark+...@carnildo.com> wrote:
>

> On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 15:33:05 +0200
> Vladimir Vyskocil <vladimir.vysko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A even crazier area regarding the abuse of the cliff tag !
>>
>> https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/50.9610/14.0724
>> <https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/50.9610/14.0724>
>
> Doesn't look crazy to me.  From what I saw on the map, I expected
> there to be rock formations of the sort you'd find in south Utah.
> Switching to aerial imagery, I saw pretty much that, just with more
> trees.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=20/50.96391/14.06867
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=20/50.96391/14.06867> really ?

Really.  The lack of leaves-off imagery means I can't see what's under
the trees, but the shadows in some of the imagery options are not
inconsistent with the sort of stepped cliff it appears to be mapping.

Some imagery of the area: <https://www.google.com/search?q=sachsische+schweiz&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjrvM_NwMrkAhVukuAKHQkPC7YQ_AUIEigC&biw=1177&bih=717#imgrc=_>

Not that I'm defending the tagging, it seems excessive to me, but the area is filled with cliffs.

Regards,
Maarten