sent from a phone

> On 29. Dec 2019, at 07:18, Phil Wyatt <p...@wyatt-family.com> wrote:
>
> I think what many people are suggesting is that the attribution cant be
> behind an I icon or similar. I have noted that on wider screens the correct
> attribution is shown but as screen size gets smaller it MAY disappear (to
> behind the I Icon or similar) on SOME sites or SOME operating systems. I
> think the size is 600 pixels or thereabouts. Is this the "issue" you really
> want resolved? Very easy to test on any PC screen. If I rotate my mobile
> device the full attribution is often there whilst behind some icon in
> portrait mode.
>
> This is all up to the developer of the site or app I would suggest, not
> Mapbox or any other tile provider, who in general provide good documentation
> spelling out when Open Street Map attribution is required.

actually this kind of attribution is provided by mapbox’s frameworks like
mapbox-gl-js and if you (as a developer) do not implement your own attribution
mechanism you will automatically get (comparatively small) OpenStreetMap
attribution that hides behind an i while the (bigger) mapbox logo in the left
corner will stay there at any screen width.

WRT an OpenStreetMap provided textmark/icon: this was proposed by mapbox years
ago and at the time rejected.

Cheers Martin