Many things we think of as "facts" are in fact somewhat subjective.
Things have a name or some attribute "according to" some authority.
London "is not" London, it is "called" London according to local people,
government etc. But the same place is "called" Londres, according to a
different authority, namely French-speakers; both points of view are
equally valid, but only within their intended context.

In the case of Crimea, two different authorities have different views of
the jurisdiction to which it belongs. That is a fact, that we can safely
map. We can represent the border in one place "according to Russia" and
in another place "according to Ukraine" without taking sides. It is then
down to the renderer/consumer which source is preferred. If we don't
stop taking sides, well, we are taking sides - whatever our arguments to
support our choice. We will never "win" that one.

I am applying a bit of data management here; every data item should have
a provenance, value domain, validity period etc. The "truth" is always
only relative to a particular frame of reference.