sent from a phone

> Il giorno 19 feb 2020, alle ore 15:17, Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> ha
> scritto:
>

> Am 19.02.2020 um 14:40 schrieb Joseph Eisenberg:
>>> IMHO attribution should always be required  1. on the map 2. in high
>>> contrast
>> Agreed.
>> The main problem is that mobile devices, which are by far the most
>> common ways of accessing maps around the world, are only required to
>> provide attribution after a click or swipe, or even just on app
>> startup with a short "splash" screen:
> Providing attribution on splash screen is an obvious and widely accepted
> way of attribution completely independently of the guideline we are
> discussing here.

for maps the standard is on screen permanent attribution. I agree with Joseph
that splash screen attribution combined with a permanent (different) logo or
attribution for the service that uses OpenStreetMap data could be very
misleading.

The sentence „ Small thumbnails/icons do not require attribution.“ should be
expanded. For example facebook used to show small maps for places with a
location, which could eventually be argumented as „small thumbnails“ but which
are also usable and useful maps and should be attributed.

Imho we should not differentiate between mobile and desktop devices: either
there is sufficient space and attribution should be permanent, or there isn’t
and it is ok you have to click somewhere to see it. The constraints/conditions
for being sufficient space are the same on mobile devices and other devices.

Cheers Martin