btw:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Multilingual_names#Shared_boundary_features

On 29/02/2020 08:03, Jo wrote:
'-' might be used in the name itself, ' - ' never will be. I think readability is better with ' - ' than with ' / ', but I guess it's a matter of taste.

apparently, of regional taste.  in Morocco they don't separate (different alphabets), also the Canale di Sicilia has no separator Italian-Arabic, in Slovenia they use '/', in Südtirol-Alto Adige they use '-'.  OSM says '/', and suggests ordering alphabetically.  I've thrown two edits into the map, Gulf of Trieste and Gulf of Venezia, and explained why I put Italian first in the changeset comment.  I would like locals from Ex-Yugoslavia to review, and decide if they feel comfortable with that, or if they insist in the alphabetic ordering, if Croatian insist in having their language appear also in the Gulf of Trieste, if we should consider Slovenia as bordering with the Gulf of Venezia.  I would say it's important to hear locals.

Mario