On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 9:36 AM Dave F <davefoxfa...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> In my area, AL are adding legitimate data which helps improve the quality
> of the OSM database. I believe they make the same amount of errors as any
> other contributors, including experienced ones.
>
> Unsure why he thinks OSMF should be keeping an eye on contributors purely
> because they're paid.
> I doubt Paul, when he started his first *paid* job was an expert at it, &
> never made a mistake.

My first job, oddly enough, was with the Boy Scouts of America.  A
situation directly analogous to OSM.  I was a Scout for about a decade
before I found myself on payroll.  Not to say I didn't make mistakes as an
employee (I was 14), but I found myself on payroll because I rose to that
level, not because some third party decided I should start scattergun
efforts.  Anybody paid to contribute to OSM *must* be capable of setting
the example, as far as I'm concerned.