May 22, 2020, 17:55 by al...@mustard.net:

> Bearing in mind Mateusz's admonition, "Wait for someone to volunteer and
> fix? It would be nice, but not sure what are chances of that," perhaps
> we have reached the outer limits of what the do-ocracy can accomplish in
> this case.

Maybe OSMF can try to more actively look for someone?

Post request in dev/talk/etc mailing list, on Telegram channels, on US Slack
channels etc? Banner on the main page is probably an overkill,
but going through all channels and posting there once should be OK.

And on blog, Twitter (if there is an account there) etc?

Not sure about chance that someone will volunteer but maybe it will work?
Even if chances are 1% of finding someone wiling and able to help
maybe it would be worth doing?

(I am active in some of them and will post/link if anyone will prepare such
call for help)

> TomH suggests migrating to StackExchange and says it's a process he's
> familiar with.  It's beyond my technical knowledge so I cannot really
> comment.  Presumably we would have to pay someone to handle the
> migration.  I have no idea what the volume of work would be or how much
> it would cost.

It seems that in such case main cost is social one.
OSM community would no longer control QA site (via OSMF)
, it would be controlled by StackExchange company.

That is a relatively OK company, but things were going in clearly bad direction
recently, though there are signs that maybe collapse was stopped.

And it seems there would be nothing to migrate as help.openstreetmap is
CC BY-SA 2.0 licensed and from what I see new content on StackExchange
sites is CC BY-SA 4.0.

Is it possible for OSMF to relicense answers and questions text?