On Oct 25, 2022, at 12:42 AM, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Question:
about mapping of old railway infrastructure.

Without "meaning to be mean," I say "oh, no, not again!"  I say it like that
because OSM has had this discussion many, many times.

I'll be relatively brief here and have at it with a short version, one more
time.  OSM maps old railway infrastructure because it has very long-lasting
effects on the land, affecting landuse, transportation patterns and more for
decades, sometimes for centuries.  OSM (and OHM, OpenHistoricalMap, considered
by some a "sibling project" of OSM) map(s) these, and OSM documents [1] (even
with several pictures) that we do, saying "mapping such features is acceptable
where some (of the infrastructure) remains."  Yes, there remains some
controversy, the wiki goes to some length to explain what this is, what is a
borderline case, etc.  But this is a topic which has been thoroughly discussed,
even as it remains being discussed to this day.

Regarding other things which "don't exist today" which are NOT railways, well,
those are a separate topic (from railways).

There:  "I didn't fix it..." but I hope that helps.

[1]
https://wiki.osm.org/wiki/Demolished_Railway#What_is_sufficient_to_map_a_former_railway