On Sun, Oct 30, 2022 at 9:00 PM Minh Nguyen <m...@nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us>
wrote:

> Vào lúc 07:11 2022-10-30, Greg Troxel đã viết:
> > But then the company doing the editing should document which company's
> > imagery and which revision year they are using.   Things should be as
> > transparent as possible, and this doesn't feel that way.
>
> We could ask if the honor code should apply to such a prolific editing
> team. But do we actually have a problem with Lyft fabricating edits? I
> haven't seen evidence of that; it would be quite surprising for a
> company so invested in our project.

I have to say, I'm pretty unconcerned with abstract notions of
"transparency" here, as the entire project essentially works on the honor
system.  What I am concerned about is, if an editor is using an imagery
source that a random mapper can't access, they ought to at least indicate
the age of that imagery, to assist the next mapper that looks at the edit,
to understand why an edit may appear different from the current publicly
available imagery.