As discussed in this Practical Engineering episode
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPwY-FTqWxM>, the publicly visible nature
of the electrical grid makes security through obscurity very difficult if
not impossible. He notes that ballistic-resistant walls around transformers
are a likely future change to protect transformers from these sorts of
attacks from covert off-site locations.