The example from Marc_marc tells us keeping underground things hidden is bad
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghislenghien_disaster

As for underwater, in the 1990s and early 2000s Iceland kept getting
disconnected from the rest of the Internet by fishing ships trawling the
CANTAT-3 branch, which for the early parts was the only connection to the
Internet for the whole country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANTAT-3