Hi list,

I saw that wheelmap.org was discussed in the broad meeting last year
([2022-03](https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2022-03#Contributions_without_individual_OSM_accounts)),
 but I still havequestions/suggestions regarding wheelmap.org's contribution to
osm.

Currently wheelmap.org users are contributing anonymously. Wheelmap.org
contributions are batched periodically before submitting to osm (I think). This
often creates osm changesets that cover a very large area. It pollutes osm
local area history, and it's hard to isolate bad edits.

My suggestion would be to use smaller batches. For example, each individual
wheelmap.org usage session get batched separately. It would still allow users
to stay anonymous, yet group related changes in a single changeset, assuming
people work on a specific area in each wheelmap.org usage session.

Implementation-wise, a random id is generated when opening wheelmap.org, edits
will be labeled with said id, and the wheelmap.org server batch edits using
this id.

If my suggestion is good, it would be great if board/DWG can communicate this
with wheelmap.org. I don't want to contact wheelmap.org directly since I don't
think I can represent osm.

Cheers,
Andy