No it was released in June 2020. October 2021 was the last
security patches.

To answer the original question there have been any deliberate
changes that I know but given the error it's entirely possible
that FF has fixed something in what CSP rules it checks for what
requests.

I don't see that error, and as far as I can see our policy only
allows data URLs for images and not for other media which suggests
no data URLs are being validated against media-src for me.

Tom