Thank you for the immediate feedback, LaoshuBaby.

> If other mappers on the ground can also confirm the existence of your
> speedflying route (of course, this might require the mapper to have
> experience in speedflying, but among the many mappers worldwide, there are
> bound to be others with the relevant background knowledge)

Yes, surely observers can verify the existence of speedflying lines, in a
pretty straight-forward analogy with climbing areas and climbing routes. Some
landings and takeoffs are shared with paragliding pilots, and already exist in
OSM.

The descriptions of most speedflying lines indeed include not only the takeoff
and landing but such limiting features like ridges, cracks, valleys, power
lines and cable cars.

Regarding FOSS, it is indeed amazing how much is possible on top of OSM. I
guess, the main reason to prefer the OSM database is to benefit from the
general adoption of OSM maps.

Pesho