On 08/01/2014 11:36, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
No. I am saying that if the expression is an attrtibute constructor then
atomization should be atomic.

OK so I'm completely lost as I don't understand what you expect.

 <person>{$thing/@name}</person>

simply copies an attribute node from wherever it is to the newly constructed <person> element. Atomization is just not relevant, the node is already an attribute node (with a value that is atomic) the node is just copied to the tree being generated.

David