> On 30. Jun 2019, at 23:44, Michael Welzl <mich...@ifi.uio.no> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Sounds like a good start!
>
> About this:
>
>> On Jun 30, 2019, at 11:34 PM, Aaron Falk <aaron.f...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:aaron.f...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> What shall we use our face-time for in Montreal?
>>
>> Some topics from our last interim
>> <https://etherpad.ietf.org/p/nots-interim-2019-taps-02?useMonospaceFont=true>
>>  seem like good candidates for updates. Can we refine them with specific to
>> discuss (and ID someone to launch/lead the discussion)?
>>
>> Framing
>> Implementations
>> Parameters & Defaults
>> Yang model
>> Why do people resist specific protocol selection? (from Yang discussion)
> I’d volunteer to lead this discussion, but I wonder: is this really worth the
> time - as in: do we really (still) have any resistance to this idea?

Looks like… but I guess we have two different topics here:
 - Property Profiles (shortcuts for common sets of properties)
 - Explicit Protocol Selection

I originally insisted to keep them separate, as I really like to have the first
one and feared the discussion for the second one. As I opened PRs with
proposals for both of them (https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/328
<https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/328> and
https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/327
<https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/327>), I got no fire and fury,
but only constructive feedback.
So I agree with Michael that we may really have a short discussion on whether
to add these features.

> Cheers,
> Michael
>

>> ARCH & API open topics