A serious question this time: at practice time we have been recording onto
my laptop with Soundforge using a crappy computer microphone: I'd like to
raise the quality of these recordings so we can listen properly and play the
new songs that we have been obsessively writing to people who might tell us
nice things (and also email them to ourselves to facilitate practice). Is
there any kind of a decent microphone that will plug into a regular computer
jack and give a reasonable reproduction of three amateur musicians playing
in the spare bedroom?
Best
Robin