I believe the ability to play IN CONTROL at high speed is a function
of how much time you have spent playing in control on the
instrument.

To me, playing in control fast is simply doing exactly what you do in
control playing slow, with all the proportions shortened.  To play in
control, one must be relaxed.  Learning to relax at higher tempos is
the big key.  One must be able to feel all areas of the body and
identify excess tension.  Once noticed, one must learn to remove that
tension.

This process of removing excess tension takes most people a LOT of
hours of practice over a period of time.  One makes small gains every
few weeks if they notice areas of tension and strive to remove them.

A good idea is to play a tune you play well at a very comfortable
tempo.  This means a tempo where ALL notes and basic timing are
executed well.  Close your eyes and FEEL what tension your body is
using.  As you play, see if you can relax all areas of tension not
needed to play.

Now take the same tune at a much higher tempo.  Once again, close your
eyes and FEEL what tension your body is using.  Feel the difference???

I believe no one but yourself can teach you how to play fast and
relaxed.  Teachers can point out obvious problems, but you have to do
the work to relax the excess tension.  If playing fast in control
truly is a goal, you need to make what I described above a daily part
of you practice routine.  Eventually, one learns how to relax any
unwanted tension.

Best of luck!!