My pleasure Don.  Shorty is a friend of mine and when he re-released all of
these recordings recently he did us all a major service.  Shorty learned at
the feet of the masters of the early 20th century and he still plays
incredibly well.  A funny side story: at the Texas Old Time Fiddlers
Association fiddle camp last year, Shorty was relating about how he had
learned a tune from Eck Robertson.  A young student blurts out "You knew
Eck?!?!?!!"  The implication being that it shouldtn't possible for someone
to be old enough to have known Eck.

Anyway, if you're a big fan of fiddle tunes, Shorty's collections are some
of the best around.

Mark