As far as I know, there's only one bluegrass song with a happy ending:
"Nellie Kane." I've never understood hiring a bluegrass band for a
wedding, but I've played a few mostly just mandolin. The best one was
up in the mountains around Taos, snow covered peaks in the background,
just played some fiddle tunes before, march in, and march out. Easy
and paid well. I've played a couple free but that was for nephews and
nieces. Marched them in to "Haste to the Wedding" one time and to Jesu
another time. Had to figure out how to make the Jesu go on and on on
the fly since it took them a lot longer to get down the aisle at the
wedding than at the rehearsal. I'd never do it for free for someone
I'm not related to, though.

I did like the part about giving away your CDs to all the high class
people who will be sure to ask you to play for free too. Nice. And
exposure? A person can die from exposure.