Evenin'..
Tell y'all the story on "Northern White Clouds"....
Monroe come up with this number at Frontier Ranch
in Columbus Ohio. Billy Joe Foster was his fiddler then...
My record table was set up just to the side of the stage..
As soon as I heard Billy Joe start it off...I jumped up,ran around my
table
to get out front of the speakers to hear this tune..knew it was brand
new
and knew it was good.
As I stopped...Jimmy Campbell ran into me from behind...he knew
also that we was hearing something very good happening....

The next day Billy Joe came over to my house and we worked on that
tune
all afternoon....Billy Joes' version is what we now know as
"Northern White Clouds"...I have the tape of us working on it here
somewhere.
I miss Bill Monroe...I miss Jimmy Campbell.........

Loafer