Hello TBBETA,

  I ran into a weird problem. Weird in the sense that a friend is not
  bothered by this:

  When I select text from a message, the line just dissapears. This is
  only the case if I select text from a line which is quoted (with >).

  This is what I do:

  1) I open a message containing some quoted text. Something like:

> This was written by someone else.

  2a) I move the mousecursor to the start of the line and start
  dragging to a position somewhere mid-sentence (to and including
  'written' for example).
  What will happen is: '>This was written' will dissappear.

  2b) I move the mousecursor to the start of the line and start
  dragging to the end of the line.
  What will happen is: the line will be selected as normal.

  2c) I move the mousecursor to the end of the line and start
  dragging to a position somewhere mid-sentence (to and including
  'by' for example).
  What will happen is: the selected text will be highlighted as
  expected, but everything in front of the selection will dissappear.

  2d) I move the mousecursor to the end of the line and start
  dragging to the start of the line.
  What will happen is: the line will be selected as normal.

  2e) When I select multiple quoted lines, the same problems as
  described above will occur.

  Ok, although the text disappears I am still able to copy the
  selected text and to 'get it back' by deselecting. This problem also
  occurred with me with version 1.36 and some other 1.38 beta.
  When writing a message, the disappearing happens as well and show
  similar behaviour.

  Another problem I ran into (don't know which version that was, it
  is fixed in the 1.38/4, but it can't be that long ago since I am not
  using The Bat! very long): when I was editing a message and my
  mousecursor was at the start of the line (by pressing the Home-key)
  (perhaps it was the end of the line (End)) and I pressed the
  Right-Mouse-Button-Key on my keyboard, I got some weird
  Access-Violation error.

  I hope I was clear in describing my problem. Some specs of my system:
  - P200MMX
  - Diamond Stealth 3D 2240 Pro with 2MB
  - 96MB of memory

Greetinx,
Martin

--

Windows (n): one of the nastiest T.S.R's ever written

Martin 'MuFfiN' van Soest, using 1.38 Beta/4 under
  Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998