Hi Mike,

On  06 March 2000  at  23:25:10 GMT -0600 (which was 05:25 where I
live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote and made these points:

MW>>> Er...  Yah.  I  know  that.  :) It reappears when I open the app
MW>>> again.

>> Oh,  it  reappears?  Hmm.  Have  you  tried  deleting the link file
>> (*.lnk) in the C:\Windows\Desktop\ directory?

MW> Well, someone else mentioned that perhaps the shortcut that I created
MW> had set the working directory to the Desktop. Very probable. I have
MW> since recreated the shortcut from the directory in which the
MW> application resides. I'll know more in a few moments.

Okay  - I had this happen to me. It was a long while ago but IIRC It's
might  be  about  the  default  home directory or something like that.
Check throughout the account properties dialog and make sure that "all
paths lead to home" <groan> correctly.

If  that  is  still  not  the answer, the only solution is to crank up
Regedit  and  check the HKCU/RIT/The Bat key for any references to the
Windows\Desktop path and modify them there.

Once  you have done that, correct your PC system clock and let us know
how you got on ;-).

--
Cheers,
.\\arck

Marck D. Pearlstone, Consultant Software Engineer
Moderator TBUDL / TBBETA
www: http://www.silverstones.com
PGP key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Body=GET%20MARCKKEY>