Hello Alexander,

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000 02:24:21 +0400GMT (24/04/2000, 06:24 +0800GMT),
Alexander V. Kiselev wrote:

>> IIRC, Thomas got from me one UTF-7 + one UTF-8 messages, which
>> displayed but without high-characters. Alexander sent him a non-UTF
>> encoded HTML attachment, which was in Thai but displayed in Chinese.

AVK> I did send him absolutely nothing, he received as far as I could understand
AVK> the message in UTF (Thai) from somewhere else (i.e. not from me)

Correct; tracer was so kind.

AVK> should have been in the subheaders of the respective part.

I didn't see anything about charset in any header or subheader; I
(wrongly) assumed the charset should be in the same line as the
content-type.

Anyway, could someone be so kind as to send me a UTF-encoded plain
text message in Thai? It should be a real sentence not just hitting
some keys, so I can see whether the letters, tone markers, maha-nakart
etc display correctly.

It didn't work with a Thai-encoded attachment as is clear now.

--

Thanks everybody and cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.41 under Chinese Windows 98
4.10 Build 1998   with a Pentium II/350 MHz.