Hello Florian,

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000 18:01:28 +0100 GMT (06/12/2000, 01:01 +0800 GMT),
Florian Effenberger wrote:

FE>   There are some features the customers of http://www.TheBat.de would
FE>   like to see in your program:

FE>   1.
FE>   When replying, only the marked text should be quoted. Although there
FE>   is a menu item, it would be more comfortable if it was automatically
FE>   used.

Hit crtl-F4 instead of the Reply button. One click or another click...

FE>   2.
FE>   PGP messages should be saved ENcrypted, but should be TEMPORARY
FE>   DEcrypted automatically whenever you double click on them.

You can use crtl-D instead of double-clicking. It will also save the
decrypted message, which you can delete, but seeing how long
decrypting takes, some people would prefer this.

FE>   4.
FE>   In the message list, the date and time should be separated into two
FE>   separate colums.

Costs a lot of screen space.

FE>   5.
FE>   The "from" column should be able to show only e-mail address or
FE>   name+e-mail address as well. Maybe by introducing a separate column.

The email address would be not so bad an idea, if it is an extra
column that you don't need to activate, if you don't want to. ;-)

FE>   6.
FE>   The "size" column should be "intelligent" and use KB, MB and so on.

How long are your mails? MB size is the exception over here.

FE>   7.
FE>   New option: when replying to a message, the original message window
FE>   should be closed automatically.

Optional.

FE>   13.
FE>   Aliases should be auto-completed as well in the "To:" field.

Isn't there a keyboard shortcut for that already?

FE>   14.
FE>   Using an empty subject line, "(No Subject)" should be set
FE>   automatically.

Yeah.

FE>   15.
FE>   The cursor in the editor should not be "able" to move beyond the
FE>   maximum line length/word wrap border.

It should. Beauty of the free caret thingy. But then, this is an
editor feature, and external editors will be allowed in v2.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

On the menu of a Swiss restaurant: Our wines leave you nothing to hope for.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.48 Beta/9
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using a Celeron 366 MHz, 128MB RAM