Hello Stuart,

> That is odd. If I go to read a message in an IMAP account with MS Security
> Essentials active, it seems to scan each message for a prolonged period
> before I
> can read it.

It could be a cache program I am using O-O Clever Cache it stores most of my
memory in ram.  I am also running 64 bit OS and Cache program.  Everything
seemed to speed up after using the cache program.  The program has increased my
ram usage from 1 g to 6 g out of 8 g of ram.  Very little is held in a disk
cache.

 Dean