Hello Maxim,

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:28:43 +0200 GMT (29/Jan/10, 13:28 PM +0700 GMT),
Maxim Masiutin wrote:

MM> The Bat! 4.2.24.4 Alpha is available at
MM> http://www.ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/beta/tb42244.rar

When do we get to BETA testing?

MM> What's new in 4.2.24.4 since 4.2.24.3:
MM> [-] Fixed data loss during POP3 sessions (BETA issue)

I thought this is an ALPHA series, as you announce above. A word of
clarification would be nice.

Alpha testing is done in-house right after coding something new or
trying to fix a bug; it's done in-house as it may have new bugs or the
fix doesn't work. If you think you have caught the new bugs and the
proggy works, you release a beta version to beta testers, who will
undoubtedly find more bugs, which you fix before the release.

This is how I learned it. If there are other definitions of alpha and
beta versions, I'd like to hear them. Kindly let us know whether you
actually test the proggy when you fix some code, or do you really
release it to this list as an alpha version?

--

Cheers,
Thomas.