Hello Thomas,

Friday, January 29, 2010, 17:32:50, you wrote:

>>Alpha testing is done in-house right after coding something new or
>>trying to fix a bug; it's done in-house as it may have new bugs or the
>>fix doesn't work.

Alpha testing is not necessarily done in-house. Some companies release alpha
versions to the public. Anyway, each company adopts its own software release
life cycle habits. We do not follow the strict steps from pre-alpha to alpha to
beta to gamma to RC to RTM to GA. We call software "alpha" or "beta" or
"release" depending on our estimates of probability of complications that the
software can cause. We may be wrong in our estimates.

Maxim Masiutin                            mailto:m...@ritlabs.com