Hi,

MM> The new version will be version 5.0. The registration system will
MM> be changed [...] Upon the expiration of the term, no updates to
MM> newer versions will be possible unless the user prolongs the
MM> period by paying the fee.

You realize that using this modus RIT will have to start delivering
inside a reasonable time frame? In the past, RIT could always say "now
don't panick over this not-working long-promised feature, we will fix
it as soon as moon shines/bell rings/Atlantis found." And the user
couldn't really complain because he'd always get another version at
some point in time - if he lived long enough, of course.

With this proposed system, a user expects "his" bugs to be fixed
inside his term of payment. Up until now, a year's time was about
nothing for the developement of TheBat - see all the bug tracker
entries that have been around since the turn of the century.

Not that I'm complaining, but is RIT really willing to take this risk
with a track history like that?

--
MfG,
 Alto                            mailto:a...@treadstone79.de