Hello Maxim,

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 14:07:14 +0300 GMT (14/Jun/10, 18:07 PM +0700 GMT),
Maxim Masiutin wrote:

>> So the version the user has when the subscription expires will
>> continue to work and he will just not be able to upgrade? Or will his
>> current version stop working?

MM> The  user  will  be  unable  to  upgrade, but the current version will
MM> continue working.

Thanks, this is reassuring.

>> Also kindly advise about tech support the user will receive - TBUDL is
>> free for all at the moment. I don't think you mean you will forcibly
>> unsubscribe non-payers.

MM> This will mostly apply to
MM> https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/ticket_list.php
MM> , not to TBBETA.

Fair enough. This is costing your staff time, so you will only provide
it to paying subscribers. However, I didn't even know about it and
wonder whether it is used a lot. Good to hear that TBUDL/TBBETA are
not affected.

>> I am sure you would have told us how long the subscription period is,
>> had you made the decision yet. Please let us know what period you are
>> thinking about.

MM> We have not yet make the decision.

I'm sure you will keep us informed.

>> Seeing how many years are between major versions, and
>> full IMAP support having been promised for v2 (that was sometime in
>> the last century), I think you will lose most of your customers unless
>> you fix the old bugs and deliver on your promises before the first
>> period expires.

MM> You have addressed the important issue. That's why we plan to allow
MM> the users who have purchased The Bat! key for version 4 since February
MM> 7,  2008  (or  later)  to get updates of version 5 during about a year
MM> without payment.

That sounds good! You are even throwing in something for free; so far,
a new version had always cost money.

FWIW you have my support for the new policy. If the price is right,
but of course, the exact same applies to charging per version or per
time period. I for one prefer the time period.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 4.2.33.9