>  On Sunday, June 13, 2010, 6:54:33 PM, Franz Schoeler wrote:

> will The Bat! then start/boot again in tenths of seconds instead of
> 29 seconds as right now on this computer?

I think they may charge extra to diagnose your computer problems.***

> btw: Does anyone like programs that are practically "loaned" for a given
> time-window?

not  my  favorite  model, but not that uncommon in the current market.
I've  lived  in  rented  houses often, and have many friends who lease
cars. I have lots of old versions of software, on 5 1/4" floppies, for
example, which are pretty useless even though I still own them. ****

*** No, not this company. Why should they?

Even though they are at the crossroads for their technology, development and
general future, I think.

**** Did you know that you in fact do not own (!) are not the real owner of
your MS OS? Ever read the EULA? That you are not allowed to sell it or your
paid-for Office??? At least seperately, only with your complete computer?

This stuff never went before the EUGH in Luxemburg.

The crazy thing is: the EULAs say they LOAN it to you under certain conditions.
You are not allowed to SELL what you paid for.

(btw: is it allowed to sell your private license (paid for) for a given The
Bat! version to someone after you don't use it anymore?)

All this stuff reminds me of this great rendition of Boz Scaggs on his solo
Atlantic debut of "Loan Me A Dime" ;-)

I can only recommend anyone who doesn't know this in the Beta List to give it a
listen ;-)

Afterwards going back to The Bat! problems of the moment...

Franz

Using The Bat! 4.2.36.4 Professional
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3