Hallo Stuart,

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 18:41:10 -0600GMT (5-1-2011, 1:41 , where I live),
you wrote:

SC>> Should Purge and Compress not act like Compress alone and remove deleted
SC>> messages. I would thing Purge and Compress would do more than Compress,
not
SC>> less.

SC> Should be Purge and Compact.

'Purge an compact' does more than 'Compact'. 'Compact' removes deleted
messages  from  the message base, 'Purge and compact' deletes messages
that  exceed the maximum age or the maximum allowed number of messages
and then compacts the folder.

Why do think that 'Purge and compact' does less than 'Compact'?

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Apple (c) Copyright 1767, Sir Isaac Newton
http://www.voormijalleen.nl/
The Bat! 5.0.0.126 BETA
Windows Vista 6.0 Build 6002 Service Pack 2
6 pop3 accounts, 1 imap account
OTFE disabled
Quad Core 2.4GHz
4 GB RAM