Hello Roelof,
  A reminder of what Roelof Otten typed on:
  Tuesday, January 04, 2011 at 03:52:45 GMT +0100

RO> For  my  previous  reply I had tested it for a POP3 account, but now I
RO> tested  it for an IMAP account (Inbox for my GMail account) and 'Purge
RO> and  compact' still works as advertised.
RO> Only  odd  thing is that when TB is compacting only in stead of tellig
RO> me  how much space has been saved, it tells me that there's nothing to
RO> compact. Somewhat confusing.

I think I see the problem. It was a combination of settings in the Account
properties and testing using the Trash account. Purging does not seem to affect
deleted messages in this account, but Compact does. And yes the message saying
nothing has been done is confusing.

 Stuart                            mailto:scu...@mts.net
 Using The Bat! v5.0.0.126 BETA
 On Windows 7 6.1 Build #7600