Hallo Vilius,

,----- [ RFC 5322 ]
| 2.1.1.  Line Length Limits
|
|    There are two limits that this specification places on the number of
|    characters in a line.  Each line of characters MUST be no more than
|    998 characters, and SHOULD be no more than 78 characters, excluding
|    the CRLF.
|
|    The 998 character limit is due to limitations in many implementations
|    that send, receive, or store IMF messages which simply cannot handle
|    more than 998 characters on a line.  Receiving implementations would
|    do well to handle an arbitrarily large number of characters in a line
|    for robustness sake.  However, there are so many implementations that
|    (in compliance with the transport requirements of [RFC5321]) do not
|    accept messages containing more than 1000 characters including the CR
|    and LF per line, it is important for implementations not to create
|    such messages.
|
|    The more conservative 78 character recommendation is to accommodate
|    the many implementations of user interfaces that display these
|    messages which may truncate, or disastrously wrap, the display of
|    more than 78 characters per line, in spite of the fact that such
|    implementations are non-conformant to the intent of this
|    specification (and that of [RFC5321] if they actually cause
|    information to be lost).  Again, even though this limitation is put
|    on messages, it is incumbent upon implementations that display
|    messages to handle an arbitrarily large number of characters in a
|    line (certainly at least up to the 998 character limit) for the sake
|    of robustness.

`-----

 [moderator on]
 Discussion closed
 [moderator off]

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Mere bullets have no effect on *our* moderators!
http://www.voormijalleen.nl/
The Bat! 5.0.0.132 BETA
Windows Vista 6.0 Build 6002 Service Pack 2
6 pop3 accounts, 1 imap account
OTFE disabled
Quad Core 2.4GHz
4 GB RAM