> Hello Vilius,
>
> On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 17:10:29 +0300 GMT (06/Apr/11, 21:10 PM +0700 GMT),
> Vilius Šumskas wrote:
>
> VŠ> What's the point to accept and store self-signed certificate
> VŠ> anyway? It ads zero security.
>
> You are right, it does not add security. However, it adds
> convenience.

Convenience? How?

> VŠ> This was discussed on this list extensively multiple times, and if
> VŠ> you really really really know what you are doing, just add root CA
> VŠ> to trusted CAs.
>
> I tried that, but the result was that I could not send at all any
> more. As this is not a beta issue, we can continue the discussion on
> TBUDL.

Maybe you have added certificate itself, not root CA? I'm not sure about
version 5, but it worked for me when I tested it during 4.x beta cycle. If it
doesn't work in version 5.0 it needs to be reported on BT and fixed of course.

> As I said in the other mail a moment ago, not really important on my
> side, but it would be nice not to have to click OK each time I send a
> mail.

You can do this by using standard plain text connection method.

--
  Vilius