> Have you tried importing the messages from the TBB files? Tools/Import

 I haven't tried that, not sure if it would work. Instead I did something
else: I re-installed v4. God this feels good! Finally virtual folders and a
quick search field that are useable!! And it also brought all my messages
back. Even in other (active) IMAP accounts, all cached messages were still
there up to the date I updated to v5, only the newer ones needed to be
downloaded. So it seems that Ritlabs really leaves those old cache files on
the hard drive for no use. Except for people going back to v4, which is a
valid reason in my opinion, concerning all the bugs of v5 and Ritlab's
attitude towards them :-) I don't think this was the reason, though,
probably more likely just some careless programming.