Dear Alto,

 --->>> Alto Speckhardt / Sunday Sun  22. Apr 2012, 06:03 PM
        [second try] IMAP - how to permanently store eMail local

E>> I  create a pop Account and add manually all the folders to it.
> All 1200 of them? ;-)

Yep! But I give you a hint, that I have made a try with aid4mails and
got at least the folder structure in my explorer visible.

E>> I open TB! press Shift-CTRL-Alt+L and all folders will be imported.
> I don't get that - if you already set up the folders, why do this?

Press Shift-CTRL-Alt+L collects all Lost Folders in the Account Folder
of TB!

Ok  let  me  structure that. Be aware that I was using various Apps in
different stages that created various results:

-- Using  aid4mails it created all folders and .MSG files local on my
   HD. But some eMails are not properly encoded (arabic)
-- Using  aid4mails I uploaded all the eMails successfully on an IMAP
   account. I see the folders properly and ALL eMails. Now I want this
   exactly on the local HD.
-- Using  IMAPsize  (will  look deeper into this right after). Output
   is .EML
-- Using BeyondInbox creates much more folders than necessary (Yearly
   Numbering). Output is .EML

E>> Then I go from folder to folder and c&p from IMAP Account into the
E>> POP account.

> That you can do. I transfered email accounts between one another on a
> number of occasions using this way. But there are drawbacks:

> 1.) All 1200 of them? ;-)

Unfortunately Yes :(

> 2.) If you move a message between accounts, the message will be
> "new" in the target account. The message date ("received") will be
> changed to the date you perform the move. The "creation" date
> remains unchanged, but it may still be a problem (since e.g.
> programs like Outlook sort by "received" per default.)

Who cares Outlook? We import into TB! and there you can sort by
creation. I think that solution would only be the last resort.

I am still hoping for IMAPsize working as I want to.

--
   best regards          | Using The Bat! 5.0.36.5 (BETA)
       Eddie               | on Windows 7 6.1