Dear Vilius,

 --->>> Vilius Šumskas / Sunday Sun  22. Apr 2012, 10:34 PM
        [second try] IMAP - how to permanently store eMail local

>>> No, you don't. IMAP can be fully used offline.

>> I forgot to tell you one experience I have made with this/his 3,5
>> GB eMail structure. I had to change the Top Level Folder Name.
>> After doing so, the TB! IMAP account had to re-read all the folders
>> again as it has lost it's focus. And that process has taken it's
>> time (about 1hr).
>> Just imagine if this happens in a bad time - he would hang me
>> probably ;)

> That's a pure limitation of TB! as an IMAP client. I risk starting a
> flame war here, but if you really need to migrate to IMAP I would
> suggest another email client.

I  can't  confirm  or  not  as I don't have sufficient experiences with
other  clients.  And  don't  worry  I am sure that with TB! we have an
excellent  product  that  can do all the work we need to fulfill. I am
measuring  TB!  not  only  with  IMAP  but  many  other  features like
filtering, Mass Mailing, Voyager etc.

> Putting that aside your client does it wrong. Nobody ever should
> have 1200 folders, both in email and on disk. Folders just help you
> sort email by general category. If your client wants to sort email
> by client then there is a search functionality for that.

Don't  forget  he was until now (for the past 10 years) using Outlook.
That  is  a true limit App. So we still have a lot of work in front of
us.  Our  next  steps will be Filter creation and then simplifying the
amount of folders.

>> I am trying to play save and let him use POP on his main Computer
>> and all others are running under IMAP:

> You are shooting yourself in the foot here. Combination of POP/IMAP
> just won't work and have a lot of drawbacks. Both on technical level
> and from a user perspective.

Let us find out on that.

I  am  challenged  and  I  like to work with alternatives - as I wrote
before - satisfying and combining the "wishes" and "requirements".

--
              Eddie Castelli
               50minCoach